Saturday, February 11, 2012

Lamp Love

Hello all! I had to take a day or two break from the ol' blog because I was overhaul cleaning our apartment. I feel like since Christmas, it has "looked" clean, but it really needed a deep elbow grease cleanin'! I spent 3 hours in just our kitchen. And our kitchen is itty bitty. I think it's good to run everything that is dishwasher safe, through the dishwasher whenever having one of these overhaul cleaning events. Now I feel like it sparkles!

Anywho, I wanted to share with you my lamp fix. Remember when I asked you what I should do with my little red lamp shades at the end of my blue mirror post? I love the lamp itself, but didn't know how to re purpose those bold red shades.  Well, I found an easy fix. Buy a new lampshade.  I found a perfect shade at Walmart for $6! I figured by the time I bought special paint to redo the red lampshades, and all that jazz, I could probably just buy a new one. So that's what I did.

Here's the new $6 shade!


 It matches our new color scheme perfectly!
Buy it here

Don't underestimate the power of Walmart!

No comments:

Post a Comment