Wednesday, March 27, 2013

City Apartment Tour



City Apartment Tour

When we moved in last May, we realized we had a BIG room to work with for our living room. It is literally, a huge room. This room alone is bigger than our last apartment in Virginia! (We measured.)

I wanted to split the room up a little to make it serve two different purposes. A definitive entryway and a living space.

I loved the color of the walls, but was looking for a really colorful pop to contrast the slate colored walls. 


Entry Way





Bathroom


Living Room


My curtains are actually sheets! I scored these amazing sheets at Christmas Tree Shoppe and realized the color was a perfect match to my entertainment center color.  

Remember these guys? I found these Sea Fans at the antique shop in Virginia last year. I simply switched out the green paper for white. 

I found that coral pillow at Kirkland's on clearance for around $5. 

These coffee table tray was a Target find on clearance after Christmas. It was $12. 




 I also found those Mercury Glass Candles at Target. They smell amazing! The scent is Island Moonlight. 

Our furniture is from Wolf's Furniture. We wanted large deep furniture to bring the room to scale. 
This is a chair I often end up sound asleep in...


 These chairs are chairs that I re-did in the summer. A total of $5 for the both of them! 

The chevron rug was a big time steal from RugsUsa.com. I got the largest size, a 7'10"x10'10" for $88 during a Memorial Day sale. 


The electric fireplace was a craigslist find. I simply gave it a fresh coat of white paint. It was around $60 and has been keeping us toasty and cozy all winter. 

The coral tin artwork was actually green before. I had my sister do a sort of white wash paint to to it give it a new life. 

The mirror was from my mom. She had bought my sister a vintage bedroom set and this mirror came with it. My sister already had another mirror so I took this one and just painted it gold. It fits perfectly and makes the room appear even larger. 

I wanted to add another dimension of texture so I picked up these little cuties from the dollar section at Target and just hung them with some twine. 

You can read about my entertainment center project here.

I love this piece so much because it really grounds the room. 

I have a slight apocathary jar obsession. I like to fill them with different things for each season. 



Most of the accessories were freebies from a family member cleaning out their attic and the books are all from Salvation Army. A few coats of white and gold spray paint can give anything a new look! 

Anytime I see a neat coral piece on sale somewhere I try to buy it, since my living room has an understated nautical theme to it. This fun coral piece was on clearance due to a chip in the back. 

 So that's my living room! It's very cozy at night when the lights are dim and the fireplace is on. My hubby and I love cuddling up to watch a movie or eat dinner. 



Kitchen 





Office














2 comments: