Saturday, March 2, 2013

Getting back on the Blogging Bus

Hello. I'm back! After a long delay in blogging due to a move, a new job and just the general busyness of life, it's high time to get back on the blogging bus. I've still been rolling along on the DIY projects but have been missing blogging about them to share with you!


To ease my way back in, I'm starting with an easy DIY I did a while back. I found a killer deal thanks to my mom at Sal Val Aka Salvation Army. We found a table and chair set but only wanted the end chairs which meant breaking the set. We asked a guy working there if we could and what the price would be for the two end chairs with arms? He said, "Um, sure. How about 5 bucks?" I said, "5 bucks each?" He replied with, "Nope, 5 bucks for the pair." SOLD!!!!


We could not believe we snagged such an awesome deal! They have beautiful lines and I couldn't wait to get them in my living room!


They needed a fresh coat of paint but I think they have neat lines.

These things had been recovered quite a few times, but I decided to just leave the white cushion for now. After cleaning it up a bit of course
I simply removed the screws from the bottom to remove the seat from the chair.
Then I gave them both a good sanding to get off all the dirt and most of the old paint.
After sanding, I gave it a few light coats of white spray paint. I used a paint that is meant for furniture. Once I let it dry, I noticed a crackling had occurred. I think this happen either form humidity or because the wood was not accepting the paint.
This meant re-sanding all the spots where the cracking occurred.
Blah!
Once finally sanded, painted and dry, I brought them into my living room where my cats discovered they are obsessed with these chairs.
This was before I attached the seats back to the chair body.
They each have their own to sit on.
This was before I attached the seats back to the chair body.

 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you jumped back on the blogging bus! And these chairs turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found you via Instagram! Love the blog :)
    Check out mine if you have a chance!
    designsbynicolina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete