Monday, January 16, 2012

Mirror Mirror on the Wall

Hello all! Sorry I've been MIA for a week. I've been busy working on a few projects. Here is one of them!

 I got this mirror at Good Will for $3.95! I spotted it and asked if they could hold it behind the counter while I shopped, and they said they couldn't, so I carried it around the store with me. Ha! This little baby was mine! (Sorry for the disaster zone in the reflection. We were a hot mess that day)


Loved the top of it! 


I cleaned her up then tapped it off with Frog Tape

 Then started painting it a tealish turquoise blue.


Here is the color I used. It's Underwater Wonders by Disney. 

                                                    
After the first coat


And here it is in our bedroom! This is a pretty accurate picture of what the color really looks like. It ended up being a bit more turquoise than I thought it would, but I still like it. I might distress it a little to show more of the pretty detail.


We are slowly phasing out the red. I'm on the hunt for material to make curtains and I'm going to paint a couple of other things that were red, but I think it will look good when it's all finished. Trying to do it all on the cheap! I'd say this one was a pretty successful cheap DIY.  


Does anyone know of a way for me to re-use those red lamp shades? I would like to make them grey or white. I've looked online and have seen people that cover them with fabric, or paint them but my only worry is that the red will show through.

1 comment:

  1. The mirror is awesome, Heather! You are an inspiration for DIY on a dime!!!!

    ReplyDelete