Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Blah. Bubbles.

Blah. That's how I'm feeling people. I'm more than a little ready to have my multiple projects come to an end. I actually took a bunch of quick pics before I left for work the other morning of the completed curtains in our bedroom, but when I uploaded them and even edited them, the lighting and angles were super crappy. So I simply cannot post those pictures because I worked too dang hard on those suckers for crappy looking photos of them!  So, I decided I would share something a bit random with you today instead.

The hubs and I were doing our laundry (which we must do at the laundromat) and decided we wanted to make a quick run to CVS down the road while waiting on the washer.  In the same shopping center is this little Smoothie shop (Asian inspired).  I had always wanted to try it, and when we saw a sign for Bubble Tea, we were intrigued enough to meander inside.

We had to ask the guy for a break down of what Bubble tea is.

It's a tea and milk based smoothie basically. It can be fruity or milk based. I choose Coffee flavor.

He made the smoothie, and vacuumed sealed the cup to make the lid. 
  

It had tapioca thingy's on the bottom.  (The Bubbles)
 

You poke a really fat straw through the vacuum sealed top. The straw is big enough for you to suck up the "Bubbles"

Here is one of the tapioca bubbles. We were laughing the whole time as we ate/drank them! As you're drinking your frozen cofeeish drink, you all the sudden suck up a "bubble" and have to chew it! It was a slightly hilarious and strange sensation.
 (I didn't have my camera with me, ya know, didn't think anything this exciting would happen while doing laundry, so these pics are off my "dumb", not smart phone)

Ok so tonight, I will re-take the curtain pictures.  Stay tuned!

Has anyone else every experienced the wonders of Bubble Tea?


6 comments:

  1. Bubble Tea!! You can get them in the mall here! It is the BEST kind of drink. I love the sips with the bubbles! I need to go get a coffee flavored one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that what that little stand in the mall sells? Ooohh!

      Delete
  2. My fiance lived in Taiwan for a few years and introduced me to some bubble tea a little while ago. I had a strawberry bubble tea and it was very yummy, but the bubbles were kind of hard for me to get used to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anthony and I just laughed the whole time, because when we would suck one up, we would just chew really loud like cows.

      Delete
    2. Haha! Unfortunately there is no quiet way to eat those bubbles!

      Delete
  3. We have it in a couple of tea/coffee shops here...i've never tried it...it's a texture thing,the mushy tapioca "bubbles"- i gag thinking about it...but my sisters love it :)

    ReplyDelete