Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Two little Love Notes

My hubby and I have been together, for the most part, since we were 15 years old. We went to the same high school and started dating when we were sophomores. You know what that means right? Lot's and lot's of little love notes! I have a whole big bag of them! The notes he gave me as a teenager are one of the most precious things I own. I love whipping them out every now and again to read together and giggling at all the drama stuff that was happening in our lives at that time.  I'm really enjoying all the new design stuff I've been doing to our bedroom, but I wanted it to be a personal little space for the hubby and I to go to at the end of a long day.  So I decided to frame some of our love notes.

Here is my love not to Anthony. I maybe wrote this when I was 17




His note to me.



I used the Waverly paper plates that I hung on the wall to use as the background for the love notes

Then I cut them to fit


I wanted them to have a layered look behind the glass to give it a little extra dimension.

And here it is completed! This is my side. I wasn't sure how to capture the right lighting for this picture. Still learning how to use the new camera.

His side. My love note to him :)





I think it's sweeeeet.  And mushy gushy.

2 comments:

  1. It is indeed sweet. And your creativity never ceases to amaze me!!

    Dick and I were apart the two years prior to our wedding, phone calls were way too expensive back in those days, there was no internet, so writing letters was our main means of communication. I think I still have them all somewhere. But honestly, I was such a drama queen, they half sicken me, hahahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yea! I defiantly know how you feel. I read some of that stuff that I wrote and I can't believe how immature I was!

    ReplyDelete