Monday, February 6, 2012

Paint Chip Art Work

Hello all! So I was on Pintrest (shocker) not too long ago, and came across this great idea for paint chip art.  I was scrounging around for some cheap art work for our bedroom and thought this was so fun, and would allow me to be creative with colors.  We have some spent some mula lately at Home Depot with all of our projects, so I didn't feel to bad by taking a handful of paint chips from the paint department for this project. I picked colors I wanted to incorporate into the artwork.  After I got my little pile of paint chips, I found a template for a quadrefoil online and made it the size I needed to fit the paint chips.


I think I have a new blog mascot since he seems to sneak into every blog post.

Then I traced the back of the paint chip with my quadrefoil template. 

And traced, and traced and traced...

Then I cut them all out (my hands had bruises on them once I was done) and glued them to canvas that I got for 50% off at Micheal's.

After the glued dried, I painted Mod Podge over the whole thing to seal it all up



After they dried, I used my exact-o knife to trim the edges

And Viola! 















Ok, so I was desperate for some fillers in this space, so I used Waverly paper plates that I had been given as a bridal shower gift. They are so cute, that I hate to use them to eat off of, so I've been saving them for something special.

Yeah, I know, they look like paper plates hanging off the wall, but ya know what, I don't hate them and for right now, they work and they were free! 

So tell me, what do you think of my paint chip artwork? And be honest.. the paper plates? Eh? 


No comments:

Post a Comment