Monday, December 19, 2011

A lot like Christmas!

It's our first very first Christmas as a newly married couple! I was so excited to get a tree up as soon as it was deemed acceptable by society standards. I must admit, it was up the week before Thanksgiving. It was about 10pm on a Friday night when I looked at Anthony and said, "Can we please go get a Christmas tree? Like right now? Please?" The only place open at such an hour, was the one the only... you guessed it, WalMart. Off he went with his make-upless, sweat pant wearing hooded wife in tow. You could probably spot me on the people of walmart, that's how scary I looked. But nonetheless, a Christmas tree we had to have that very night.


I originally had wanted to try something funky like a peacock tree. I thought my heart was set on it as we ventured into Walmart, but alas, Walmart is not known for their huge selection of Peacock feathers.

{Via}

Then, not being able to talk my hubby into a delightful purple tree offered up by Walmart, I laid my eyes on the pretty and fluffy white trees.

I thought it would be a fun, yet chic statement to have a soft white tree. I decided to go with light blue and silver ornaments.

This is a picture I found after I had picked out my white tree and blue ornaments. I think it's so chic and adorable!

Here is the actual one that we bought from Walmart for around $40. It's around 6 feet tall.

And here is our very first Christmas tree!
I love the white, silver and blue. I found a light blue sparkly star ornament for the topper and we just filled it with white strand lights and cheap-o Walmart ornaments, which I must say, were quite adorable.


Walmart had these precious little white feather balls that just clip onto your tree. Snatched up a few which fulfilled my feather craving after all.


So there you have it! The first Daly Christmas tree. After it was all said and done, it was around 1:30am till we wrapped up. Who knows, next year I may change my mind again and want to change out the colors of the ornaments, or even want a real tree, but this one will always hold a special little place in my heart!

More Christmas decor to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment