Friday, December 30, 2011

2012 Design Trends Cont.

I hope your all having fun gearing up for the New Year's weekend festivities!  I hope you all have a blast and stay safe.  I wanted to pick up where I left off with the 2012 design trends that are sure to give your living space a pick me up for this New Year.

Continuing with color trends, I think greys are becoming the new black.  Grey accessories, wall colors, and patterns are popping up everywhere! Grey is modern, yet soft and cozy at the same time. Not many colors can pull that off.  This room for example, is so chic, yet seems like a great place to curl up with a good book, or a design magazine. I adore the curtains and the furniture. As well as the rug and amazing zebra pillows.  The log end table helps add a natural element and brings in some great texture. 


Here is another great example of this amazing grey.  Love the sunburst mirror.


This is a great example of grey with neutrals. 


Look at how classy this kitchen dining area is. The grey and white stripes make the room look larger and keeps it fluid and sophisticated. I would do this in a heartbeat.
{Via}


Try it on the outside of your house!  Is this the year your ready to make the big curb appeal change?  Thinking of tans and beige's?  Why not go grey? With lovely white trim and black accents, your house will be sure to get the neighbors buzzing and stop traffic with it's sophistication!
{Via}


Look at this kitchen! Love the white tile and cabinets, and look!  An awesome bench with striped grey fabric. It goes perfectly.
{Via}


This color is a great example of a grey blue, that is so chic, and serene. I see it popping up in magazines and design sites.
{Via}


I could post a zillion more pictures of beautiful grey rooms, but I must move on to the next style trend.

Stripes!
{Via}



{Via}


Presh!
{Via}


Shower curtian
{Via}


{Via}


Unbelievable tile!
{Via}


Very bold, but my guess is that these horizontal stripes make this bathroom look much larger than it is. 
 {Via}


Vertical stripes make the room seem taller and draw the eye up. If you have low ceilings and want to make the space look larger, try vertical stripes.
{Via}


Another trend, which I'm sure most of you are well aware of, is animal print!  Animal print has always been popular, but let's just say, it has really taken off.  I don't think a room is complete without some form of animal print.  Just a touch of it here makes this room complete. It's not screaming at you and it's not covering every inch of the walls and floors, but it's just enough to add some sophistication. 
{Via}


This is becoming very popular! I work as an interior designer at a design and floor covering store, and I have had more and more customers wanting cheetah on their stairs! How fun and unique! Give this look a try!
 {Via}


Love this bedding from Ballard Design. I've been eying this up for awhile.  Love that it's a khaki color that is soft and not in your face.
 {Via}


Remember, key is to not go crazy with the animal print. Just a little touch of it adds a lot of class and sophistication.  This will make your space fun and lively in no time!

I could go on and on with pictures of all of these things, but I think you get the idea.  So try something different in 2012.  Try a little bit of one of these trends, or go crazy and re-decorate an entire room in one of them!


I will be updating you soon on my fun weekend ahead. I can give you a few sparkly hints though. New Year's Eve for me includes these things.
{Via}
{Via}
And about an extra $150,000 worth of jewels. 


And maybe, mayyyybeeee, even this:
 {Via}

But I will fill you in more later! 


1 comment:

  1. That white kitchen makes my heart stop a bit. Love it!

    ReplyDelete