Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Professional Wrapper.

Hello!  So I did this project a couple of months ago, and I'm obsessed with it!  It was so easy!  I have done this project in the past few places that I've lived, (mostly dorms) because it doesn't hurt the walls and can be easily taken down when you move. 

Supplies  you need: 
Cute Wrapping paper (mine is from Walmart-$4 a roll), scissors, and double sided tape

I only did it to the back wall of the kitchen, and it actually makes it look a lot bigger than it is! 

A piece of advice for those of you wanting to do this with a pattern, DON'T do what I did, and start in the middle of the wall! Start at the top and work your way down the wall. It will be easier to match the pattern up that way. Mine is close to matching up but doesn't completely. 




 I love these! They are from T.J. Maxx, and are metal.  I knew I wouldn't  have a real chandelier in this apartment when we moved in, so these are my little alternatives. I think they are pretty unique. 




Makes the kitchen feel cozy



 If you are in a space like a dorm room or an apartment, and you are not allowed to paint, you gotta look for creative alternatives to add some color and interest to your space. I was dying for some visual interest in our space, so this has helped a lot. Even if your in your own home and you can paint whatever or wherever you want, this may still be an option for you. Are you thinking of a bold patterned wallpaper or a bright color on your walls? Try finding a similar pattern or plain color wrapping paper at your local Walmart or Target and tape it to your walls for a week or so to make sure you love it before you make it permanent. 

Well I'm snuggling up with a hot cup of peppermint tea (my fav) before hitting the sack.

Hope next time you walk down the wrapping paper isle, you feel inspired! 

Oh and I hope you noticed the epic picture quality. Love love love my new camera! 

No comments:

Post a Comment