Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Impatient Interior

Well I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas! We are back from our travels, and all of that traveling left me some time to think. Time to think about the same colors I've been using in my bedroom for a little over 3 years now. Red, Black and White. I have loved these colors forever! So much, that I made them the colors for our wedding! 

Our amazingly attractive bridal party is displaying the colors so near and dear to my heart perfectly in this picture.
John Dolores Photography

But, I've grown a little tired of looking at them everyday now. I wouldn't change my wedding colors for the world, but maybe it's time for a bit of a change in the bedroom.  I love using the staple colors of White and Black, since other colors are easily mixed with them. Here are a few pics of my bedroom now. Keep in mind that we are living in an itty bitty apartment, in which we cannot paint so the accessories do the color popping for me. This news color scheme is also a theme that I want to take with me in the next place we live.  Also, please excuse the beyond horrible quality of these pictures. We are off to purchase a new camera tonight! Can't wait! 

Walking into the bedroom. 


My great-grandmother's old dresser, which I've painted but needs another makeover.



Made this headboard! 



So, I'm thinking teal. I don't know why I'm drawn to this color. Maybe because it's a little different and fun.  It's not my favorite color, but I'm kinda liking it right now.

{Via}

 
{Via} 



 
{Via}




And then I'm still drawn to this lovely powder blue, that I'm currently using in my kitchen. This looks so serene and peaceful to retreat to at the end of a long day. I don't know what to do!

The scary thing is, I could change my mind again next week! That's why I've been holding off buying anything new until I nail down the color scheme for sure. My hubby gave me the go ahead to go with any color scheme I want. He said it doesn't have to be all man friendly colors. So that gives me a little more reign if I decide to throw in a fuchsia color or something fun like that! Who knows!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the teal!!! That's going to be the next color in our new house for our Master!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have powder blue/green in our bedroom with a teal duvet and it's perfect for a master bedroom. Exactly what you said - serene and relaxing. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete