Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Design Freak-O-Zoid

That's what I believe I am. Technical term? Probably not, but it's gotta be some sort of disorder.  When you can't fall asleep at night, because you're designing rooms in your head and thinking of side tables and spray painting lampshades, you know you've got it bad. Remember I told you that we are moving to Lancaster? Well we just signed the lease to an apartment in the city, where my brother and sister-in-law live now! They are in the process of purchasing a house, and we are scooting right in after them, into their amazing city apartment. It's beyond precious and I have always loved it from the first time I saw it! Lot's of old city charm to it. Anyways, I've been decorating it in my head at night before I fall asleep. Trying to figure out if I should paint some of the things I have, and if so what color, where to put what into which room?  So I thought I would share with you my plans for the living room. (These ideas are subject to change a few times but nonetheless.)


This is about what I think the color is in the entry and living room. Could be a bit lighter but this is just a guess. I do really like it though. 
This color is called Peppercorn by Sherwin Williams

I am thinking for the living room and entry, I want to do accents of white and coral.  Check out some of these examples.


Have the striped pillows already! And I'm loving the floral arrangement.


The color on the walls here is similar to the walls in the apartment, and I'm loving the gold, coral and white. Including this awesome chevron rug!


I would love to find a hutch at a garage sale and paint the back of it in a bold coral, or even find a neat coral wallpaper for the back of it. Extra storage, and awesome decor! Double whammy.


These curtains are insane, and I love the pop of green with the desk and vases.
{not sure of link}


Um, chic much? I'm loving that white buffet table under the mirror.

I know it's a shower curtain, but I would love some coral ikat curtains for the living room.


I think so as to not make it all look repetitive in color, I may try to bring in this minty sort of green into the space


As for furniture.  Everything we have in our current apartment has either been given to us, or we purchased it from Craigslist. The only new item we have is our bed frame and mattress.  We have been really blessed by with not having to purchase any furniture other than a few $50 Craigslist finds. 
The one new thing we would love to purchase for our new apartment would be a new sofa set.  The sofa we have now is great, but we find it a bit uncomfortable to sit on because it's a sofa bed.  My plan for that bad boy, is to move it into the office space and use it for guests and extra seating in that room because I still really like it.

I've been snooping on Ikea's website and found some things that catch my fancy. 




Yes,  I know they are white, but they are slip covered so they can be washed.  They have a grey color as well but I like how crisp the white is. Down the road, I could purchase new slip covers from Ikea in a different color if I decide someday that little kids and white sofa's don't mix.  This is just one option, I'm not sold on them yet, and I may find something way cheaper on a memorial day sale or something at a furniture store, but this is what's floating around in my head for now.

So what do you think of the coral theme?  Do you have any plans of switching up color themes in your rooms?  Anything big furniture purchases you plan to make in the near future?

No comments:

Post a Comment