Thursday, January 23, 2014

West Elm Art Hack

In my blogging absence, I have done many little projects around my house. I'm sorry to say I have not documented them as well as I should have, but nevertheless I wanted to share one of my favorites on the blog!


West Elm Art Hack





-Cheap Paint Brush
-Any color acrylic paint
-poster board
-frame

The blog world has been featuring this art trend for months now, and I wanted some of my own!
This project is for the complete Art Dummy like myself. Just a few bush strokes of acrylic paint in any color you choose, in any random fashion and you've got instant art! 


Truth be told: I was in a weird late night crafting mood when I made this, and I didn't have any white poster board on hand. I ended up using the backside of blue crocodile print wrapping paper! I actually loved how it turned out because the texture of the wrapping paper came through the brush strokes and made a neat affect! 








Today I tried it with gold paint for my guest bath, and i loved the way it turned out! 











No comments:

Post a Comment