Sunday, July 31, 2011

Paint and Placing

This is another before and after project I had in mind. I had really wanted a mantel as a floating shelf in my entryway, right when you walk in the door. I didn't know where I was going to get my hands on a mantle! I came across this picture and wanted something similar.

I love how you could change it with the seasons like in this picture! Ready for fall!



I knew I could probably find one if I spent all my time devoted to thrift shopping, but I had many other things on my plate at the time. So I decided to get creative and come up with something similar!

I came across these curtain rod decorative holders in the attic of my husband's aunts house! What a blessing his aunt and uncle were, letting us go through and pick anything we wanted!

I thought these were perfect! Just a fresh coat of black paint was needed.



She also gave a few of these guys which I loved as well and knew I could find a home for!



And with a shelf that I had registered for, my father-in-law installed the shelf and the curtain rod holders to make it look like a mantle! And there is the little bust that I painted white and of course my dollar store sunburst mirror! Now this is the first thing we see when walking in the front door!



What do you think?

2 comments: